Anthony D'Alessandro (DEADLINE) reports some good news:
Oscar winner Shirley MacLaine is set to headline the Matthew Weiner-directed, Stephanie Gillis-written Margret and Stevie.
Inspired by the life of Margret Rey, co-creator of the Curious George character and books, Margret and Stevie centers around Rey (MacLaine) later in life as publishers circle to reshape her legacy and rewrite her place in literary history. As pressure mounts, Margret is forced to confront memories of the war she survived decades earlier and the journey that brought her to America. Margret finds an unlikely confidant and companion in Stevie, whom she befriends. Their sharp-edged friendship becomes a lifeline, reigniting Margret’s resolve to protect her story and reclaim authorship of her own life.
[. . .]
MacLaine counts more than 50 feature films including a Best Actress Oscar win for 1983’s Terms of Endearment in an overall six nom career count. She’s also been nominated six times at the Emmys and has won seven Golden Globes including the Cecil B. DeMille Award for Lifetime Achievement. The actress is currently filming Lucy Boomer with Ansel Elgort. She also starred in Brad Furman’s People Not Places and co-starred in a season of Hulu’s Only Murders in the Building. Other recent feature credits include American Dreamer with Peter Dinklage, Disney’s Noelle with Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader, The Last Word with Amanda Seyfried and Wild Oats starring Jessica Lange and Demi Moore. MacLaine is repped by CAA.
So that's good news. The film's story sounds interesting and Shirley MacLaine is a legend. Kathy Bates is a legend as well and she stars in CBS' MATLOCK. It's a great show. But it has had a problem this second season. Wesley Stenzel (ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY) reports:
The actor behind Billy Martinez was dropped from the series after CBS investigated an alleged incident involving him — and now, after a supplemental investigation into the matter, the network is standing by its decision to keep him off the legal drama, Entertainment Weekly has learned.
A representative for Del Rio didn't immediately respond to EW's request for comment.
CBS declined to comment on the matter, citing a company policy of not discussing legal matters.
Del Rio was fired from the Kathy Bates-led drama in October, and the show continued production without him before going on a previously planned hiatus. His character was written out of subsequent episodes.
Yeah, nobody watched. Not in any significant number. Kid Rock's career is over. Has been for years.
Going out with C.I.'s "The Snapshot:"
British police on Thursday arrested Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, over suspicions of misconduct in public office after accusations that he shared confidential information with Jeffrey Epstein while serving as a British trade envoy.
The arrest was a stunning blow to the British monarchy, which has been rocked by scandals for decades and is now having to endure the spectacle of having one of its members arrested. The move escalated the long-running crisis for Buckingham Palace over the former prince’s ties to Mr. Epstein and allegations of sexual abuse of a young woman.
His brother, King Charles III, in a statement confirmed the arrest. The Thames Valley Police said in a statement that it had “arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.”
The current whereabouts of Mountbatten-Windsor is unknown. It is understood neither the king nor Buckingham Palace was informed in advance of Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest.
Mountbatten-Windsor, who turned 66 on Thursday, has always denied any wrongdoing or accusations against him. Thames Valley is one of a number of police forces to have assessed allegations that resurfaced when the so-called Epstein files were published by the US Department of Justice.
The force previously said it was reviewing allegations that a woman was trafficked to the UK by Epstein to have a sexual encounter with Andrew, and claims he shared sensitive information with the disgraced financier while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.
Oliver Wright, one of the force’s assistant chief constables, said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office. It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
The family of the late Virginia Giuffre, who accused Mountbatten-Windsor of sexually abusing her when she was 17 as part of a sex trafficking ring run by Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell – allegations the former prince has denied – released a statement.
Her family members Sky and Amanda Roberts and Danny and Lanette Wilson said: “At last. Today, our broken hearts have been lifted at the news that no one is above the law, not even royalty. On behalf of our sister, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, we extend our gratitude to the UK’s Thames Valley police for their investigation and arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. He was never a prince. For survivors everywhere, Virginia did this for you.”
A former police chief has given an insight into what happens next after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest.
"This is massive. You don't have to arrest somebody that you're investigating - you can ask them to provide a statement through their lawyer, you can invite them to a police station without arresting them - [so] to actually arrest, it would suggest there is some significant evidence," Dal Babu, former chief superintendent of the Metropolitan Police, says.
"I should imagine at this stage they'll have prepared interviews. There'll be an interview strategy.
"They'll present those questions to Andrew, and I think his lawyer would probably advise him at this stage to make no comment.
"And then once that has occurred, he'll be released under investigation."
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is not the only member of the British elite who has been caught up in files connected to Jeffrey Epstein, the convicted sex offender.
The files, released by the U.S. Department of Justice, have also put a harsh spotlight on Peter Mandelson, a longtime British political operative who served as ambassador to the United States, and Sarah Ferguson, Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor’s ex-wife and the one-time Duchess of York.
The emails and text messages in the latest release of Epstein files revealed that Ms. Ferguson had carried on a long and personal correspondence with Mr. Epstein long after the disgraced financier was convicted of soliciting prostitution in 2008.
In a 2009 email, Mr. Epstein suggested that he paid for flights for “the Duchess and the girls from Heathrow to Miami,” an apparent reference to travel for Ms. Ferguson and her daughters, Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice. In 2010, in another email exchange, Ms. Ferguson called Mr. Epstein “a legend,” adding, “I really don’t have the words to describe my love, gratitude for your generosity and kindness. Xx I am at your service. Just marry me.”
Mr. Epstein also urged Ms. Ferguson to help him improve his public image, suggesting in one email that she release a statement asserting that he was “not a pedo.” There is no evidence that she did so.
Ms. Ferguson’s representatives have not responded to requests for comment since the new files were released. In 2011, she admitted that he had helped pay off her debts and apologized for her “terrible error of judgment” in “having anything to do with Jeffrey Epstein.” The new files show that she continued to exchange emails with Mr. Epstein after that admission.
No comments:
Post a Comment